Furnace Services in Watertown
For Repairs, Installations & Tune-Ups, Call (617) 765-1778
If your home is heated by a furnace, you can count on Akian Plumbing & Home Services in Watertown to keep it running well. As a team of furnace technicians with more than a century’s worth of collective industry experience, we are ready to handle any sort of problem your furnace could ever encounter.
Take a look at a few of our top furnace services offered to homeowners throughout Watertown:
- Repairs: If your furnace is not heating up your home adequately or at all, then it is time to let us take a look at it. With our extensive training, toolkits, and store of spare parts, we can complete most repair jobs in as little as one visit.
- Installations: For older furnaces, arranging repairs might be more expensive than just replacing the entire thing. We will let you know when the installation of a new furnace would be the better, more cost-effective solution.
- Maintenance: From normal use, the components inside even the best furnace models and makes can start to wear out. With regular maintenance – once a year is often sufficient for the average household – our technicians can help prevent little issues from becoming major defects.
Schedule your furnace service for your Watertown home today!
How Does a Furnace Work?
A furnace is a heating system that uses heated air to warm your home. The heating cycle involves igniting natural gas or propane to heat the air. Electric furnaces will use heated conductive materials, though, which become hot as electricity flow through them.
When the heated air reaches its desired temperature, the system will trigger the blower motor. The rotations of the motor push the heated air into the air ducts of your home. Opening a vent in a room will allow the heated air to exit there, effectively warming up that room.
What are some of the benefits and disadvantages of furnaces?
- Benefits: For the most part, a furnace that you maintain regularly will have a longer lifespan than other heating systems due to the ease of repair and parts availability. Furnaces are also efficient in all climates since they rely on an internal heat source and air. In contrast, heat pumps need outside, ambient heat to work, making them struggle in cold climates.
- Disadvantages: The cost to run an electric furnace can be noticeably higher than gas furnaces and other heating systems, so you may be tempted to shy away from an electric furnace. On the other hand, gas furnaces use natural gas or oil, which comes with the natural danger of a fire if there is a serious defect. Use regular maintenance to drastically reduce the chances of such a hazard ever occurring.
Schedule Your Furnace Service in Watertown Today
At Akian Plumbing & Home Services, we take great pride in the work we do. We know that the best way to run a business is making loyal customers who want to call you back whenever they are in a pinch, or even when their friends or family members need help.
How do we make loyal customers?
- Competitive prices on all services
- No needless upsells
- Reliable services and repairs that last
- Honest, courteous technicians – really
We invite you to discover the difference that a truly dependable team of Watertown furnace technicians can make for your home and your family’s comfort. Please call us at (617) 765-1778 or use an online contact form today to arrange a service.
“They are really professional and you can tell that they care about the work.”- Konstantine
“They were quick to respond, and provided excellent service.”- Joshua
“Definitely Recommend Akian Plumbing”- Lou