COVID-19 Protocol: During these trying times we are still providing services as safely as possible by wearing face masks, disposable boot covers and gloves on each and every job. Our team members are also sanitizing vans, hand tools, smart devices at the beginning of and throughout each day. We ask that if you do schedule a service, that you maintain a minimum of 6′ from our employees. If you are in need of service we are still here to help.
Watertown Furnace Installation
Furnace Replacement & Installations of All Kinds
Whether you’re doing some new construction or need to replace an old furnace that’s on its last legs, our Watertown Furnace installation experts have got you covered. With over 100 years of combined experience, we’ve seen and done it all. In 2018 we were voted “Best of the Best” by Market Surveys of America and we would be thrilled to show you why.
4 Signs You Need Furnace Replacement
1. Super dry heat – Gas furnaces are particularly prone to pumping out very dry heat as they get older. This effect on indoor air quality can take a toll on your health, particularly your skin. If you notice an uptick in dry or irritated skin or dying plants give our Watertown furnace replacement specialists a call.
2. Utility bills through the roof – As furnaces get older and older they’ll become less efficient over time. You won’t always notice this inefficiency in your indoor air temperature, but you will when you go to pay the monthly utility bill.
3. One repair after another – If you feel like you’re repairing your furnace for the umpteenth time, then at least consult our Watertown furnace installation experts about the cost of getting a new unit. At some point throwing more money at repairing a dying unit isn’t the cost effective solution it may seem.
4. Old age – Exactly how long a furnace may last depends on several factors such as brand, types, usage, maintenance, and environment. Typically furnaces last from 15-30 years, so if it’s older than that, consider furnace replacement before another repair.
If you’re in need of our Watertown furnace replacement services, contact us by calling (617) 894-7803
How Does a Furnace Work?
A furnace is a heating system that uses heated air to warm your home. The heating cycle involves igniting natural gas or propane to heat the air. Electric furnaces will use heated conductive materials, though, which become hot as electricity flow through them.
When the heated air reaches its desired temperature, the system will trigger the blower motor. The rotations of the motor push the heated air into the air ducts of your home. Opening a vent in a room will allow the heated air to exit there, effectively warming up that room.
What are some of the benefits and disadvantages of furnaces?
- Benefits: For the most part, a furnace that you maintain regularly will have a longer lifespan than other heating systems due to the ease of repair and parts availability. Furnaces are also efficient in all climates since they rely on an internal heat source and air. In contrast, heat pumps need outside, ambient heat to work, making them struggle in cold climates.
- Disadvantages: The cost to run an electric furnace can be noticeably higher than gas furnaces and other heating systems, so you may be tempted to shy away from an electric furnace. On the other hand, gas furnaces use natural gas or oil, which comes with the natural danger of a fire if there is a serious defect. Use regular maintenance to drastically reduce the chances of such a hazard ever occurring.
If you would like to learn more about our Watertown furnace installation services,contact us online!
“My GO TO plumber!”- Howie
“They were quick to respond, and provided excellent service.”- Joshua
“Definitely Recommend Akian Plumbing”- Lou